Sunday, January 19, 2014

Urban Decay Shattered Face Case Review

It has been a very long time since I've posted something on beauty as I had just too many makeups and wasn't keen in getting anything new.

However, the Urban Decay Shattered Face Case caught my eyes when I was browsing around Sephora last Saturday.





In this case, there are 5 eyeshadows (Bleach, Minor Sin, Nameless, Remix and Shakedown), 2 blushers (Overexposed and Temper), 1 highlighter (Glint), 1 travel-size 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil (Zero) and a full-size Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color (Lovechild).

The colours are all my types and I couldn't help myself when I saw this...

LOL! Yes, how can I resist a 20% discount off this!

I couldn't wait to swatch the colours once I'm home, so let's take a look at them now.

24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil (Zero) and Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color (Lovechild)
A basic black eyeliner which I already owned previously and the Lip Color in Lovechild. I absolutely adore Lovechild! It is such a pretty shade of pink and just look how glossy it looks on my hand. It looks even more wonderful on my pale lips, giving a healthy and juicy pink look.

Eyeshadows in Bleach, Minor Sin, Nameless, Remix and Shakedown (From Bottom to Top)
There are 5 shades of eyeshadow in the top palette. Bleach is a very pale beige which is useful as a highlighter while Minor Sin is a very natural peach which I would definitely be using a lot whenever I want just a hint of color on my lids yet looking natural. Nameless is a taupe shade which can be used easily on a daily basis. Remix is a dark purple shadow which I would loved to use with Nameless. The 2 of them would be a great combination! Shakedown is a dark chocolate shade. It is definitely a shade for smokey eyes for me. I am not a fan of black eyeshadow when it comes to smokey eyes so Shakedown would definitely be my choice.

The shadows are quite pigmented for me. I used only one swatch of all colours except for Bleach and Minor Sin which I have swatched thrice to get the color onto my hand.

Highighter (Glint) & Blusher (Overexposed & Temper) [From Top to Bottom]
Glint is a Bronze highlighter with golden shimmer in it. You can see from my swatch above that the gold shimmer is heavily packed in it!

Overexposed is a very natural peach shade. The texture for this is very smooth and it glides on easily over my skin. This is also very pigmented.

Temper is a bright pink blush. Texture wise, I had problem picking up the color from the palette and I have to swatch over my hand a few times to get the color up for the picture.


I am very happy with this palette and I think it is a great addition to my collection since I might be travelling a bit for my new job and this will be something that I can bring along with ease on my trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment