Monday, January 6, 2014

China Glaze 2013 Happy HoliGlaze ~ Put a Bow On It & Your Present Required

This year's Holiday season polishes didn't really attract me much. Most of the colours looked like dupes of what I have so lucky me saved a hole in my pocket. However, Put a Bow On It & Your Present Required caught my eyes immediately when I saw the promotion brochure.

Put a Bow On It
This is a fuchsia glitter polish. It can be worn on its on with 2-3 coats. Alternatively you can wear it as a clear glitter top coat with just 1 layer. The finishing for Put a Bow On It is similar to Glistening Snow from China Glaze 2012 Christmas collection. Without a top coat, it is actually a matte slight texture finishing. To get a glossy finishing, I used 2 layers of top coat.

one layer of top coat in lightbox

close up shot of one layer of top coat in lightbox

two layers of top coat under natural sunlight

macro shot of Put a Bow On It

Your Present Required
This glitter top coat is my favourite from China Glaze 2013 releases. I can actually see myself using this a lot. The glitters are packed and easily applied onto the nails. I doesn't need to fish or manually adjust them on my nails. Check out the macro shot to see how pretty the glitters are.



macro shot of Your Present Required

2013 is a disappointing year for China Glaze as I wasn't particularly wowed by the launches (the Hologlam collection is a huge disappointment and I am not even going to try out the crinkled chrome because it looks extremely ugly to me), so I am glad that China Glaze saved the year with these 2 polishes. I hope that there will be more interesting launch in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment