Monday, September 16, 2013

BFF's Advance Birthday Celebration

Last Sunday, I headed to Alkaff Mansion Ristorante at Telok Blangah Green to have an advance birthday celebration with Hui. Can you believed it, this is the 19th time I am celebrating her birthday with her! We have known each other since we were kids and I am thankful for this long lasting friendship.

The Alkaff Mansion Ristorante is located in the serene Telok Blangah Hill Park overlooking a 19-hectare park and the sea down below.
Picture taken from Alkaff Mansion website


Some people might have heard of the Sunday Prosecco Brunch at S$88++ where you can enjoy oysters, fresh salmon and free flow of Champagne. However, that wasn't what we went for as I was on a budget. We opted for Brunch on the Terrace.

Don't be put off by the price of the Sunday Prosecco Brunch. Their brunch on the Terrace is very affordable!
Cumberland Sausage with Roasted Tomato & Salad - S$12.80
Scottish Smoked Salmon with Fresh Avocado, Roasted Tomato & Salad - S$12.80
The main is very filling and the sausages is yummilicous! I actually like their small toast and the scrambled egg is well done. Not too watery and its exactly the texture that I like. My favourite is actually the roasted tomato but again, tomato is one of my favourite food. LOL!

Of course a coffee is definitely needed to complete my brunch. I had a flat white and the coffee is pretty good too!

Flat White

My YSL lipstain marked my cup.
And of course a photo session is required to mark the 19th celebration. Happy 21st Forever to my BFF! Although you caused me to pull out lots of hair with your First World problems at times and I had my share in causing you to puke blood sometimes, thank god for our forgiving nature (LOL?) that we managed to sustain this friendship for more than 20 years. Hope we will have another 20 years and another 20 years more of friendship together!


You can see that the scenery looks pretty but it's a pity that it was raining heavily that day so we didn't get a chance to take a picture around the terrace. I will definitely be back on a bright and cooling day to enjoy a good brunch and take lots of pretty photos!

After our brunch, we headed to Pandora to pick up Hui's present. I have shortlisted a few charms and she opted for the Pink Present charm which is very sweet and its definitely defining her.

After much walking around and not buying anything, we stopped by Paul at Ngee Ann City for some sweets. Their pastries never disappoint me!

And I ended the day with......

My very first Macbook! My old Sony Vaio was dying on me so I desperately need a new laptop to backup all my photos and data before it crashed completely. Welcome into my life Macbook and bye bye to Vaio. You have served me well for the last 5years plus.


No comments:

Post a Comment