Monday, August 5, 2013

Nails Review: OPI Pink of Hearts 2013

Every year, OPI will come up with a set of Polish in support of the Breast Cancer Awareness. I have never paid much attention to them as they were something that could be passed off easily. This year, the set caught my eyes immediately! There is the usual pink creme polish and then the matte glitter polish made me decided that I must owned it!

Pink-ing of You
A sweet pink creme polish. I find this a little on the watery side and I have to use 3 very thin coat to achieve this full opaque look.



More Than a Glimmer
Now take a look at this stunning matte gliter polish. The base is actually a dusty pale pink. This polish looks like Rainbow Connection in creme base instead of clear polish. It also reminds me of China Glaze It's A Trap-eze! and the difference between them is color of the base and that More Than a Glimmer is a matte finishing. I have tried using OPI Matte Top Coat over it and it looks just the same so I suspect the formula for the matte look in this one is the same.




Here I tried to use my Seche Top Coat over it but the glossy effect is very minimal. It doesn't really brighten up the glitters which I think is due to the creme base. It appears more like a sandwich manicure even with a glossy top coat.




Finally a look of both polish in this set combined together!




No comments:

Post a Comment