Thursday, February 7, 2013

Nails Review: China Glaze Texture



I believed most of us have heard or seen preview of the China Glaze Texture that will be officially released in March 2013. I am lucky to get a set of this earlier. Let's look at the swatches first before I comment on my thoughts.

Itty, Bitty & Gritty
A bright coral shade. I am really liking this shade as it cheers me up just by looking at it.




Unrefined
A sweet pink shade. This one is an absolute beauty! Being a fan of pink, this is my favorite from this collection. It's just so sweet looking on the nails.





Bump & Grind
This one is more closer to a rosey red shade. Very intense color and will definitely goes well with a red lip color.






In The Rough
A lime yellow shade. This is definitely not my color but it's very unique as I don' have anything cloes to this.





Toe-Tally Textured
A bright orange shade. My bottle comes with a faulty brush and it made the application super hard but the color is very pretty, so I might get a new brush myself to replace the faulty one. If you love bright and sunny color, this one is a must have.






Of Coarse!
A very pretty sky blue shade. I wasn't expecting myself to like it as I am not a huge fan of blue (but I still like it though), but it won me over once I swatched it out.






Overall, I am amazed by this collection as the texture effect is very pretty and unique. While I was doing the swatch, I realized that to get the best texture effect, it is best to only apply 1 thick coat. Putting on a 2nd coat will reduce the unique look of texture. From my swatches, you can see the difference between 1 coat (for unrefined & Toe-Tally Textured) as compared to the rest with two coat. If you pickup a good amount of polish, full opacity can be achieved with just one coat.

Some people asked me how I find this as compared to OPI Liquid Sand. Personally I wasn't wowed by the OPI Liquid Sand. For the OPI Liquid Sand, it turns out looking more like the glitters were standing out instead of a coarse surface like China Glaze Texture. The China Glaze Texture gave me a feeling that I am looking at a carpet at times. The dry time is also much faster for China Glaze's as compared to OPI's.

If I were to make a choice, I will choose China Glaze Texture because it definitely defines texture polish better.

14 comments:

  1. Nope - still not liking this look we have seen from other companies as well. I can leave this one at the stores. But I am sure they will sell well! Thanks for the photos since we won't see them in the US for a # of months still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a hate and like issue on the texture polish. Personally I won't usual them often but I like it that you can apply a top coat and they look just like normal polish. So it gave me the flexibility on how I want to use it.

      Delete
  2. I've never seen a collection more hideous in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! These make me think of the old style popcorn ceilings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mentioned, it does!

      Delete
    2. i was trying to figure out what it reminded me of...maybe not the popcorn ceilings but the texture they use on walls!! lol

      Delete
    3. Yup! I think I need to try take a pic of it against my textured wall. LOL!

      Delete
  4. Nice pics! :) I think that I'm gonna buy Unrefined and Ih the rough (for start). Thanks for swatches! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great choices! Glad that the swatches help :D

      Delete
  5. I myself have never tried a liquid sand. I am leery to spend the money on them and then hate them. However, these colors are so vibrant and beautiful. They kind of remind me of candy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the good thing about this collection is that you can add a top coat and use it just like any normal creme polish :D

      Delete
  6. Hi, I really love this CG collection! Can I borrow first picture to my post about news? Of course I add a link to Your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank U <3
      Here is my post with Your picture :)
      http://b-for-beautiful-nails.blogspot.com/2013/04/nowosci-na-victorias-beauty-china-glaze.html

      Delete