Sunday, February 10, 2013

Book Review: Until You by Jennifer McNare

Until YouUntil You by Jennifer McNare
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"Until you, I didn't know the true meaning of the word."

Nicholas Leighton has been deeply hurt by two women in his life. He no longer believed in truth love and thinks that every woman who shows an interest in him is either wanting his money or the title as Duchess of Sethe. Then came Ashleigh Elizabeth St. John, a young lady is nothing conventional. It was love at first sight when she laid eyes on the Duke of Sethe. Believing that she had the power to change him, she tolerate with his insult, his temper and even his rude attitude towards her. Does she have the power to change him?

The story between Nicholas & Ashleigh is the old fashion historical romance we have read about. However, my heart still cringed at every hurtful words that Nicholas hurled at Ashleigh and my heart melts on the rare occasion when his affection towards her shows up unknowingly. Yes, despite it being so cliched, I like it. The tiny twist at the end of the story revealing the family secret didn't came as a surprise to me. I have sort of guessed it from the start.

However, the first quarter of the book is really slow for me and I had a hard time getting into the story. The characters wasn't appealing to me and the cold attitude of Nicholas was seriously putting me off. How can I even like a character like him? In fact, I still doesn't like him now that I have completed the book. Brendan and Alex are definitely more likeable. I honestly felt that Ashleigh is too good for him.

The epilogue sounds like the author had a sequel upcoming for the secondary characters in this book and I am definitely interested to read about them if she decided to write it. I am recommending this book to all historical romance lovers who doesn't mind reading the same old fashion romance all over again.

Note: I have received a copy of the book from the author in exchange for an honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment