Friday, January 18, 2013

Nails Review: Quilt Nails Art

Recently I saw some nice quilt nails on instagram and I have been dying to try them. Finally on a boring night, I did it!
Here's how it looks like in process...
Taa Dah! The end result is pretty good except for the ring finger where I pulled the tapes too fast and it smudged...
So does it look anythings like my quilt pouch aside from the color?

Here's the step on how to do your own quilt nails:
  1. Apply a thin coat of the color you want to use.
  2. Add striping tapes according to the quilt pattern you want on your nails like my first photo. Put the tapes only when your first coat is dry.
  3. Apply one coat of the same color and wait for it to dry.
  4. Apply second coat.
  5. Remove striping tapes & apply top coat
It's that simple! I used about 30mins to complete the nails on one hand. I will suggest you do both hands separately so that you won't smudge them accidentally.

I'm gonna try the diamond quilt design when I'm back from my holiday. Oh did I mention it? I'm flying off tomorrow! *Happy*

Nail color used for this design is China Glaze Merry Berry.

No comments:

Post a Comment