Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Book Review: The Living Room by Bill Rolfe

The Living RoomThe Living Room by Bill Rolfe
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A book about miracles, subtle romance but lots of heartwarming little encounters.

This book is very well written and it tells the story of an arrogant jerk (that's my first impression of him and by the end of the book I can't remember why I thought so!), Daniel, who is a workaholic and finally decided to take a big step forward to change his routine lifestyle.

Inheriting a house in England, he flew over and met Claire, the pediatric nurse. It was love at first sight for them. When Claire noticed the beautiful room he has, she decided to persuade him into volunteering it for the terminally ill children from the hospital.

The story shows how Daniel grew into a man with emotions and how he changes from a cold attitude to actually caring for the sick child in his home.

I did feel the trauma and sadness that washed over Daniel when one of the child he was particularly close to had passed away. It was such a sad scene.

Miracles happened and some people might not believed that such things could happened in reality, but I do. I have personally encountered such a miracle few years back when my grandmother's heartbeat stopped. Everyone prayed to God and asked him to keep her with us because we can't bear to lose her. Miraculously, after a few minutes, her heartbeat came back and she lived for another good 3 years before she finally left us.

This book had made my memories came alive and I believed that the miracles in this book is perfectly portrayed.

Note: I have received the book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment