Friday, October 26, 2012

Nails Review: China Glaze Halloween 2012 Wicked Collection

Halloween is nearing and have you decided on what to wear on your nails? This year I did not get any of the other Halloween nail polish collection except from the China Glaze Wicked Collection. The name of this collection reminds me of the musical, Wicked, that I had watched earlier this year but the colors are nothing closed to that, so they are definitely not linked, except in my mind. LOL.

Immortal
A steel grey based polish with subtle purple and blue shimmer. From the swatches online, the shimmers looked amazing but when I finally gotten hold of a bottle and tried it out on my nails, the online reviews that I had read are seriously over-rated. I can hardly see the shimmer unless I'm standing under the bright sunlight. This is definitely a big disappointment for me.



Glitter Goblin
A clear polish packed with bronze, silver and holographic glitters! My favorite from this collection. I have no idea why but this color reminds me of a color of a goblin.





Make A Spectacle
A clear polish packed with small iridescent pieces of hexagon, square and round shapes. At first look, I thought it was a dupe of China Glaze Snow Globe and was kind of disappointed. However when I made a comparison of the side by side, I was soooo glad that I picked up Make A Spectacle because I actually like this this is much more than Snow Globe!





Here's the comparison between Make A Spectacle and Snow Globe. As you can see from the swatch, the iridescent pieces in Snow Globe gave off bright pink, yellow, purple, blue and orange effect whereas the pieces in Make A Spectacle actually looks more pastel in pink, purple, blue and silver. These two are definitely not dupe at all!





So what's your choice in this collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment