Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Book Review: The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley

The Rose GardenThe Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the first book that I have read written by Susanna Kearsley and I am completely swept off the ground by this beautifully written book.

Having read many books that involved time traveling, Susanna Kearsley had done an amazing job at it. The flow between the two different time zone is so smooth and the story not lost at all despite the switch to a different era.

A mixture of romance, actions and family. Somehow in the middle of my reading, I knew that Claire was different. Something about her just sounds too strange and my guess was right. The part where Claire told Eva that those were her very own grandparents, revealing her true identity and understanding about Eva's situation was so heart warming. I seriously felt the relief for Eva that she finally had someone to confide in. Fergal surprisingly turned out to be one of my favorite character in this book. I loved how brotherly he was towards Eva. I had laughed out loud when he said he had to guard her virtue against both Daniel and Jack.[The part where Claire told Eva that those were her very own grandparents, revealing her true identity and understanding about Eva's situation was so heart warming. I seriously felt the relief for Eva that she finally had someone to confide in. Fergal surprisingly turned out to be one of my favorite character in this book. I loved how brotherly he was towards Eva. I had laughed out loud when he said he had to guard her virtue against both Daniel and Jack. (hide spoiler)]

This is definitely a great read to get away from the daily hectic life. A simple and magical fantasy that touched my heart. I loved how the book ended and it really made me shed some happy tears for Eva.

No comments:

Post a Comment