Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Book Review: The Humpty Dumpty Tragedy by Herschel Cozine

The Humpty Dumpty TragedyThe Humpty Dumpty Tragedy by Herschel Cozine
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have been thinking very hard how to rate this book. If I am reading this book as an adult, I would have given it 2.5 stars. However as a reviewer, I must read it as if I am a kid and this book certainly deserved 4 stars for a children book.

I like how the author had incorporated other children book characters into this book. For example, Alice in Wonderland, Jack & Jill, Toy Story. There are humorous jokes about the citizen's view of the death of Humpty Dumpty. The part about all the king's horses and all the king's men had the song about Humpty Dumpty repeating in my head.

The book is written in a very interesting tone which had me wanting to keep reading to find out what really had happened to Humpty Dumpty. However, the conclusion wasn't really a big hit after much anticipation. I was expecting something more detailed and exciting than that.

This book is definitely highly recommended to kids. For adult, this book brings back my childhood memories about fairy tales and it is an interesting read to lead yourself away from the hectic and stressful life that we are currently living in.

Disclaimer: I have received a copy of the book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment