Sunday, September 30, 2012

Nails Review: Deborah Lippmann

I finally gotten hold of my Deborah Lippmann nail polishes after half a year of search! I had been dying to try them out. Once I received the parcel, I immediately opened it up and started swatching. However, the swatches didn't turn out well initially so I put them off for a long time. Now, they are finally ready to be shown off!

Happy Birthday
This is a clear polish with lots of multicolor glitters! Like the name said, it reminds me of the confetti and colorful ribbons at a birthday party. The glitters come in a mixture of small and large hexagons.This polish would like good over any nail colors!  A must have for all nail polish maniac.



Candy Shop
A sheer pink base with multicolor glitters. The glitters are similar to Happy Birthday but they looked more pastel and creme here due to the pink base. I've gotten this on impulse and a little disappointed because I could had just mix Happy Birthday with my other pink polishes for this effect. You don't need this if you already owned Happy Birthday.


Ray of Light
A blue jelly base polish with prismatic flakes. The prismatic flakes reminds me of Nubar 2010 and Zoya Prism collection. This combination gave me the feeling of the galaxy. The dark blue universe with prism shining in it. A very pretty polish.


Here is a swatch of my Nubar 2010 vs Deborah Lippmann Ray of Light. I had used OPI Russian Navy as a base for Nubar 2010 and apart from the base color, the flakes are practically dupes! Even the duo chrome effect is the same.

Mermaid's Dream
This is my favorite Deborah Lippmann's polish! This seafoam green glittering polish is fully packed with gold and green glitters. Despite all these chunky glitters, this is the easiest to apply. The color is just so beautiful that I can't stop staring at them. The name of this polish definitely reminds me of Ariel, The Little Mermaid.

Bad Romance
 This is a black jelly base with bright purple hexagon pieces in it. I had a hard time applying this polish. I tried 4 times and the result are horrible. This is the best that I could get. My hands were so tired that this picture turned out so blurred. The purple hexagon pieces are so hard to pick it up and it ended up with a thick blurb of polish on my nails. The polish looks great in the bottle but I didn't really like it on my nails. The cleaning up after application is another hassle and that really seems to fit the name of the polish.

Sugar Daddy
A champagne gold metallic foil polish with pink duo chrome effect. The pictures are doing no justice to the beauty of this polish. It looks so much better in reality. (and these pictures were taken with my sucky phone camera). This polish is also easy to apply but it doesn't last very long before it started chipping.



I am quite satisfied with Deborah Lippmann polishes but they are a bit too expensive and the formula is not as good as OPI and China Glaze. Their glitter polishes are definitely unique as compared to other brands. If you are someone who prefer a small collection, you must definitely get the Deborah Lippmann polishes. However if you already had a huge collection, you can actually mixed and match those polishes to get the same effect for some of the glitter polishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment