Monday, September 3, 2012

Book Review: I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella


I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I must admit, this is the first book I had read that is written by Sophie Kinsella. I had heard much raves about the Shopaholic series but I never had a chance to read them.

I really like her witty writing style. Poppy is a lovable character. She had flaws but not a completely dumb woman like some other chick-lit protagonist. The feeling between her and Sam is just so sweet and I could see the sparks flying between them.

There are many hilarious scene in this book and I really loved them. My favorites were definitely when she and Sam visited the shop to make a replica of the emerald ring and the shop assistant thinking that Sam was giving her a fake for their wedding and even making her pay for it and where she messaged Magnus if he mind her bringing Sam over to their wedding reception. I had really laughed out loud when I read that. Nice one!

The text messages between Sam & Poppy are realistic and I could see this happening in real life between a couple. Realistic and not overboard.

I would definitely recommend this book to my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment