Friday, August 3, 2012

Dior Fall 2012 Golden Jungle Edition - Serum De Rouge

Dior had launched their Fall 2012 Golden Jungle Edition. Visiting the Dior counter last weekend, nothing actually caught my eyes as I am usually a pink tone person and not so much of a nude/brown tone.

However I had been determined to get a nude lip color for the past few months. Today I visited the Dior counter once again and this time round, their Serum De Rouge (also known as Rouge Serum) finally caught my attention.

From Dior website:
Dior creates the first Rouge Sérum, elixir of youth with exquisite radiance.
A sublime alliance of skincare and color benefits, the serum texture literally melts into the lips for absolute comfort and unbelievable sensory pleasure at application.
The formula, 10 times more concentrated in skincare ingredients (10 times more than our classical lip sticks), provides moisture, volume and smoothing benefits for your lips, immediately upon application, and day after day.
The palette of elegant, vivid shades instantly illuminates the lips with youthfulness.
A feminine high-precision pen design for impeccable treatment and color results.


The Rogue Serum came in 4 limited edition color, each retailing at S$50:
#430 - Gold Beige
#620 - Sensual Brown
#680 - Tawny Pink
#610 - Copper Brown


I was a fan of Dior Addict Shine but had never tried their Rouge Serum. After swatching them on my hand, I fell in love with #610 & #680 immediately! I wanted to try #680 on my lips but in the end, I managed to convince myself to go for #610 & #620 instead since my aim was to find a nude/brown tone lip color.

After trying both color on my lips, I opted for #610 as it looks more natural on me. #620 was a little too dark for my skin tone. Another pretty lame reason why I went for #610 was because their poster model was using this! (The same reason why I bought Boy from the Chanel counter....) LOL!


After 2 hours from the application by the SA at the Dior counter, my lip is still feeling moist and the texture of the Rouge Serum is real soft. However, it does not last well after a meal so if you are looking for a long lasting lipstick, you should go for Dior Addict Extreme instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment