Sunday, August 19, 2012

Book Review: My Name Is Memory by Ann Brashares


My Name Is Memory by Ann Brashares
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I am so glad that I finally finished this book! It's a real torture trying to finish this book asap so that I can moved on to the next book.

I was expecting a book filled with romance and stories that can bring tears to my eyes. But I was wrong...I was bored almost to death by it! The idea of the story is good but the book is just toooooooo slow. All the characters are not well developed and it is more like an bibliography of Daniel rather than a romance story.

What I wanted to read is the love story between Daniel & Sophia/Constance/Lucy and not how many times he had reincarnated and the stuffs he learned during his reincarnated life and how much he missed her but not being able to find her in that life. It gets too repetitive.

The love between them was short in lives that had met and I felt that there is no clarity on how they fell in love with each other and suddenly, one of them is gone.

The worse is the ending of the book. Just when I had finally saw some climax in this book (like in the LAST 20 pages!) and started to get interest in it, it ended so abruptly! Even if this is gonna be a trilogy like everyone is guessing, that is no way to end a book!

I seriously do not like this book but it's an okay read if you have nothing better to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment