Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Starbuck Hojicha + Earl Grey Jelly & Earl Grey Jelly Lemon Cheesecake

I had an hour or so to go before I could meet up with G so I decided to do some R&R at Starbucks Somerset 313 outlet.

Noticed that they had new addition to their menu and me being someone who always loved to try the specials ordered a Hojicha with Earl Grey Jelly and a slice of Earl Grey Jelly Lemon Cheesecake.

The cashier gave me a look as if I was crazy and he even asked me if I really want earl grey for both drink and cake. Seriously, what's wrong with someone ordering them? Can't I just be an earl grey lover?

Now let me review on what I had....

Hojicha + Earl Grey jelly
A unique combination and an unexpected blend of east meets west. The toasty and creaminess of Hojicha (a gently roasted Japanese green tea) is well balanced with the addition of refreshing, floral and aromatic Earl Grey tea jelly.

This Frappuccino is really too sweet and earl grey jelly taste is too strong spoiling the drink. It's like drinking an ice earl grey tea blended with sugar syrup. It is definitely not a drink for coffee lover. However, if you are a tea lover maybe you would had enjoyed it. (note: i do like earl grey but this drink is still too much for me.)

Earl Grey Jelly Lemon Cheesecake
Infused Early Grey tea jelly tucked in tangy lemon cream, layered with vanilla cake and topped with Earl Grey tea leaves - a must-try cheesecake.

There is only 1 word to describe this....Superb! The soft, creamy and light cheesecake with a hint of earl grey and the citrus taste of lemon is very well blended together and the cheese doesn't make me sick after having the whole slice. Highly recommended to all cheesecake lover!

Starbucks is also having a promotion on the cakes. Buy one and get another slice free! You can choose from any of their 3 new summer cheesecakes (Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake, Red Bean Green Tea Cheesecake & Earl Grey Jelly Lemon Cheesecake)

All items reviewed above are available at all Singapore Starbucks outlet for a limited time only so do try them before they are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment