Sunday, June 10, 2012

China Glaze Hunger Games Collection Review

Before I stepped into the cinema, I had no idea what Hunger Games was all about. I had seen the books on displayed in the bookstores and I had heard about the China Glaze Hunger Games collection, but I had completely zero knowledge about Hunger Games.

However, after I came out from the cinema, I am now a huge Hunger Games fan! The movie is great! Although some scenes could be a little gruesome, the tension is there and I enjoyed it very much. Maybe it's due to the fact that I had not read the books so I didn't know what to expect from the movie. Sometimes, ignorance is a bliss. =)

Of course now that I am a fan, anything related to Hunger Games and would be of use to me became a must have. Immediately after the movie, I bought the box set of the 3 books.

and finally here's the China Glaze Hunger Games Collection!

The budget me couldn't get all the colors (although I wished i can!) so here's the review of those colors that I laid my hands on after a tough fight with my pockets.

Dress Me Up
I loved this pinkish nude polish in this collection! This color represents District 8. This would be a color that I would wear on a regular basis.

Stone Cold
I was surprised to see a matte color in this collection! I'm a huge fan of matte polishes and this polish cames with a glittery matte finish! The silver glitters looked so shiny in the bottle but when dried, it gave a great and light shimmers against the matte finishing. This color represents District 2 and is my favorite in this collection.

Harvest Moon
I'm not a huge fan of the game but this color is unique. Metallic foil copper lacquer that looks orangey under the sunlight. Representing District 9.

Riveting
A bright & fiery orange polish. This polish reminds me of the burning mocking jay for the Hunger Game series! I wore this on my toes to Korea and received compliments from my tourmate. Very eye catching and made me feels happy just looking at it.

Luxe and Lush
Representing District 1 is the flake glitter coat. I loved it when I saw it on the site but was disappointed when I was trying to apply it onto my nails. It's NOT easy to apply it evenly and either I get too little flakes or too thick coat on my nails.

The colors in this collection are all great and I wished I could stocked up more for myself but somebody is complaining about my growing collection of nail polishes at home already. But what can you do when someone like ME, picked up such a hobby like nail arts! haha~

Let me end this post with my nail art using Dress Me Up from the Hunger Game collection..

No comments:

Post a Comment