Friday, April 20, 2012

Review of SK-II Moisturizers

Recently I had started using SK-II products and thanks to SK-II Facebook promotion for a 4 pcs Trial Kit and also miaka for helping me to get the some samples when she met up with SK-II, I managed to get my hands on some of their popular skincare to try on. In this post, I will be reviewing their moisturizers.

I have combination skin which tends to get more oily whenever I used an unsuitable moisturizer. Hence I am very particular on how well a moisturizer works on me. Some people think that if they have oily or combination skin, they should skip moisturizer. However, even with oily skin, moisturizer is a must because your skin might look oily on the outside but deep under the skin, the cells are dry and it caused wrinkles and crease more easily.

I had quite a few problem with my skin, mainly creases started appearing due to the aging me (sobs), acne scars left on my chin area due to my acne problem last year and some freckles that are starting to appear on my upper cheek due to insufficient sunblock protection. Luckily, the samples that I had received from SK-II were made for my problematic skin! Let’s check them out one by one:

Skin Signature Cream
From SK-II website: This cream’s key ingredients of concentrated Pitera, Oli-Vityl Complex, and other skin conditioning elements keep you charged with Skin Power. Pitera also closely resembles the natural nutritional profile of skin and helps keep yours nourished from within.
Benefits: texture refinement, firmness power, wrinkle resilience

Out of the 3 moisturizer, this is my favorite. After 3 consecutive night of use, I can feel some of the creases between my nose and cheek area smoothening out. I had been very concerned about the creases there so I made sure to check everyday on the effect and am very pleased with it. Even though it is cream based, it doesn’t made my skin felt oily after application and it absorbed fast and well into my skin.

 
Cellumination Deep Surge EX

From SK-II website: This daily moisturizer is infused with a unique active whitening ingredient, De-Melano P3C, that works to balance your skin tone from within to unleash your skin’s translucent aura.
Benefits: radiance enhancement


My least favorite out of the 3. I had initially expected this to be the least oily as it is gel based but after 2 application, I am convinced that it is not suitable for me. Immediately after the application, my skin feels sticky and oily and it took more than 15 minutes before the stickiness goes away. This moisturizer belongs to the aura series which is more for glowing skin. Personally the miracle water had given me a glow after daily use so I would prefer a moisturizer for my other skin problem. This moisturizer could be more suitable for younger users who doesn’t have aging problem like me.


Whitening Source Derm-Brightener

From SK-II website: Whitening Source Derm-Brightener is a whitening formula specially designed to address skin tone issues caused by exposure to UV rays, helping to redefine the skin’s crystal clarity. This formula can also help with spots reduction by providing additional nourishment to the skin. Whitening Source Derm-Brightener contains the advance DMT Blocker, a combination of Vitamin C derivative, Pitera and Niacinamide . DMT Blocker helps to maintain skin’s natural radiance by sweeping away dullness.
Benefits: Spots Control


This is the first moisturizer that I tried out of the 3 and when I first used it, I was immediately wowed by how fast and easily it absorbed into my skin even though it is cream based. It is almost immediate. My skin feel smooth and powdery to touch and I just can’t keep my hands off. Haha.. After 3 days of uses, my freckles are still there but some of the acne scars are lighter. This could works better if combined with the Whitening Spot Treatment but the sample pack I’ve got for the Whitening Spot Treatment is just good for 2 use hence I didn’t managed to get much effect. Most probably it would worked with long-term continuous use.


 My verdict? I would definitely choose the SK-II Skin Signature Cream as my moisturizer as it worked best with my current concerns and texture is smooth and light to touch, easy application and absorbed quickly. I will considered the Whitening Source Derm-Brightener when I can get my hands on the Whitening Spot Treatment at the same time. Which one is your preferred choice?

2 comments:

  1. I have not tried the whitening moisturizer before but I agree with you and prefer skin signature over cellumination deep surge. The latter feels thicker and harder to absorb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. You should go try the whitening source derm-brightener. It's pretty good too but I still think it works better when combined with the whitening spot treatment.

      Delete