Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Bad Experience with Deal Extreme

I used to be a loyal customer of Deal Extreme in the past when they were prompt in response and shipping. However, a year and a half ago, their service got worse and they started shipping weeks after my order was placed so I switched out of them. After more than a year of not using them, I decided to go back and placed an order for something which I can afford to wait for them to take their own sweet time to ship.

I placed an order on 2 Feb 2012 and payment was made via paypal immediately. Knowing their slow service, I checked back on 15 Feb 2012 only to noticed that my order had went into backorder (even though everything was shown to be instock when order was placed). So I decided to check back in another week's time.

On 22 Feb 2012, I logged in back to my account and my order is still under backorder! I dropped them an email request for status update and expected shipment date but there was no reply from them to date. I tried to live chat with them but they were never online to help.

On 27 Feb 2012, I lodged a dispute with paypal (any dispite must be open within 45 days from payment date, otherwise paypal will not help to get back the money). Immediately after I opened the dispute, the status of my order changed to "dispute" and they put my order on hold. I requested for them to respond to me but despite the opened dispute in paypal, they still refused to make any response. On 29 Feb, I decided to escalate to a claim because they don't seemed to be interested in sending out my orders at all and not to mention, not a single communication when I tried so hard to ask them what is happening to my paid order. Take a look at how efficient they are in updating the status to unpaid and cancelled but not giving a single response to me.



I had received my refund from paypal and this is definitely the last time I am ever gonna be trying them out. I'm gonna boycott them from this moment onwards. If you are thinking of buying from them, make sure you pay via paypal and open a dispute within 45 days from date of order to avoid getting scammed.

No comments:

Post a Comment