Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Phantom of the Opera

I am always a huge fan of musical and dance. Just this year alone I had watched The Lion King and Swan Lake on Ice. On my wish list now is Wicked in December.

Just when I thought that was going to be all for the year, I received an email from GV with details on the special screening of The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hal for its 25th Anniversary performance. Do you know how excited I was?



To mark its 25th anniversary year, Andrew Lloyd Webber and Cameron Mackintosh present The Phantom of the Opera in a fully-staged, lavish production, set in the sumptuous Victorian splendour of the Royal Albert Hall with a cast and orchestra of over 200. Now you are invited to join the celebration when the event is screened in GV cinemas.

"The Phantom of the Opera" at the Royal Albert Hall will star Ramin Karimloo as 'The Phantom' and Sierra Boggess as 'Christine'. They will be joined by Barry James as 'Monsieur Firmin', Gareth Snook as 'Monsieur Andr', Liz Robertson as 'Madame Giry' and Wynne Evans as 'Piangi', together with a cast and orchestra of over 200 and some special guest appearances.

'The Phantom of the Opera' at the Royal Albert Hall will be directed by Laurence Connor with Musical Staging and Choreography by Gillian Lynne, based on the original London Production Directed by Hal Prince with Musical Staging and Choreography by Gillian Lynne. The Royal Albert Hall will be transformed with a spectacular and unique design by Matt Kinley inspired by Maria Bjrnson's original design. Lighting is by Patrick Woodroffe and Andrew Bridge and Sound by Mick Potter. The production is being produced by Cameron Mackintosh.

Here's a clip found on the official website.


I bought my tickets immediately after I've gotten Hui's confirmation. Super happy that I'm gonna be catching it!

I hope they will bring the live performance to Singapore soon so that I can watch it live.

More than 50% of the tickets are sold and only very limited and not so good seats left. If you want to catch this, better grab your ticket fast!

Looking forward to 6 November 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment