Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Rainbow Pastel Nails

If you have been reading my blog for sometime, you will know that I had blogged few months back about this Korean girl's site where she did her rainbow pastel nails and that I am dying to try it out.

after 3 months.....I FINALLY DID IT!

mine isn't as nice as her but well for my first time, i think it looks not bad! I was telling R that I will do it for her when she comes over to my house. then I can do a more detailed tutorial on the steps. today is a trial and error session so I didn't really take much pic....

First of all, let's see what I had used...


The most important tools in this nail design is the sponge!


First of all, always remember to put your base coat before the application.

Next apply thin streaks of each colour in whichever order your prefer onto the sponge, using the edge.

Dab the sponge onto each of your nails 2-3 times and let it dry. Use a cotton bud dipped in a good nail polish remover (I used my favorite OPI Expert Touch Lacquer Remover!) and clean up the mess around your fingers. Don't be shocked when you see your fingers all stained with the polishes after you dabbed them on. It is part of the process. Just clean it up with a good nail polish remover and your fingers will be clean in no time.

I used my China Glaze Fairy Dust over the nails when they are half dry so that it can even out the rough and uneven application of the sponge. It gives a glitter effect too! You can use a topcoat if you prefer not to have any glitter.


And then.....TAA DAA! It's done!



No comments:

Post a Comment