Sunday, October 17, 2010

Brunch @ Spruce

Visited Spruce @ Phoenix Park along Tanglin Rd today....
the place sounds nice but quite ulu....
inaccessible unless you have a car or willing to pay for the cab

I was late for 20mins cause I couldn't get a cab around my area....

Hui was there on time but she waited 1 hr for a table! apparently some stupid waitress did not take down her name when she told her that she needed a table for two....and den some korean looking waiter finally took down her name after some time....hence the long wait.

There was a very huge crowd there and I was quite surprised since this place is so ulu....but lots of ang mos there...

We were seated outdoor...


Both of us had the Spruce Big Brekkie @ $16++



Coffee is a must for both of us....Cafe Latte & Mocha ($6++ each)



It was a R&R session for us but the clumsy waitress actually dropped the margarine on Hui's europe guide book! Both of us were stunned when she dropped it directly on top of her book and I think the waitress had a fright too. Luckily we weren't fussy customer and didn't made any fuss over this. (P.S: the book belongs to the library....that's why we didn't made any fuss LOL)

When we were halfway through our meal, I suddenly told Hui that something is missing....and it's pepper for my eggs! And then she realised that something is missing for her too.....THEY DIDN'T GIVE HER ANY MUSHROOMS! Apparently the cook forgotten about her mushrooms...and we had to complain to the korean looking waiter and shortly after the manager (I supposed) came to apologise to us and offered Hui a plate of mushroom immediately. Once again...we weren't fussy....so long as we had our mushrooms we are fine....

The coffee were very small in portion and definitely not enough for us...so we had a second round of drinks...

Cappuccino & Lemonade with Mints ($6++ each)


Their coffee is good but the lemonade had a little too much mint in it....not to my likings...

We were both wondering if they would offer discount to us since they made us waited for an hour long...dirtied hui's book and forgotten about her mushrooms.....but no discount was given. AGAIN, we were not fussy customers and hence did not ask for any too....

I wonder where u could get such nice customers like us! hahahaha!

Total bill came up to about $35 each. The food is okay....but service could be improved. There were lots of empty tables indoor but they weren't offered to any of the waiting customers....I wonder why...

Will I go back? Depends....if someone pay for me to go again I would....if I were to pay for it myself....most probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment