Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Bangkok Holiday [23 July 2010 - 26 July 2010]

this year's bangkok trip is very eventful...
but not all of them are good ones....

picture speaks louder than words.....let the pictures do the talking....

Day 1 - 23 July 2010

Departed Singapore on Thai Airway early in the morning!
checked in!
my favorite! duty-free store!
boarding!
radio on flight! but the channels are all playing thai songs......not to my likings
rainbow!! yeah...i'm just being bo liao...
breakfast on flight~ seafood bee hoon with croissant. the croissant is damn nice! too bad they don't have more...
arriving in bangkok!!
welcome drink at the Baiyoke Boutique.....VERY sweet.....
our bed~
the TV used mainly for KBSworld and Animax at night...
very clean toilet =) *thumbs up*
Walked around platinum mall for about 4 hours! Very energetic as I'm still fresh on this trip! Bought many clothings for personal and business purpose. keke.... I'm glad to notice that there are bigger size apparels in bkk nowadays....BUT the salesgirl's attitude are getting worse as they don't seems to be interested in Asian market anymore. Too many middle east people buying in bulk nowadays and the bkk people are just now interested in doing retail sales of 1 - 3 pieces only... they don't even bother you if you just walk away after not being successful in bargaining nowadays....a bit disappointment.....nevertheless....the items are still cheap

Met up with my singtel gang and their relatives for seafood dinner @ Chinatown. some mis-communication along the way as I thought they are refering to BKK time....but they are actually talking about SG time! so I was 1 hr late in the end.......haha....
T&K SeaFood Restaurant
Grilled squid.....soso only.....the garlic one is nicer but I didn't get any pic of it
grilled prawns! super nice! but the prawn not as big as the one I had on my last trip...
yes....u aren't seeing things....this is SNAILS! first time having this....taste ok but I still feel weird eating it..
steamed fish....too spicy to my likings....
veggies....to spicy to my likings too..
crab with glass noodles! nice nice! taste so good~
fried rice....plain but nice
sharks fin!! one of my favorite~ but i felt the sharks fin is a bit little...
fav mandarin orange juice~
the table is so full! total cost per pax is ard S$20 only!
after dinner.....we must definitely have some nice dessert.......and that is...........
bird nest @ nam sing!!! only 300 baht! (i.e. S$13!) look at the bowl FULL of bird nest!
after dinner we went to do thai massage.....250 BAHT ONLY!!! (i.e. S$10.80)
I'm too tired and KO-ed within 5mins after touching down on the bed.....

Day 2 - 24 July 2010
breakfast at hotel....soso only....
went to pratunam market to shop after breakfast....the things there are definitely much cheaper than platinum mall!!! the clothes are going at 75 - 200 baht per piece! now this is going to be my fav place in BKK from now on.....

went to platinum mall after that and bought bags and accessories! unfortunately.........when I sat down to take a break....i realised that my bag got cut by some pickpocket!!!!!!! it's a very huge cut! I'm too traumatised to take any pic of my bag.....now i regret not taking a pic to post here....

Luckily.....nothing was lost....the pickpocket didn't manage to get anything from my bag. (P.S: Not even a piece of my seaweed snack in my bag!) the chinese saying....不幸中的大幸

didn't have much appetite after that so only took some takopachi for lunch....and..........it's NOT NICE AT ALL
looks good but taste bad......too much flour...
night time went back to hotel for some foot massage as my feet is SUPER aching.....dinner is just mango sticky rice...

Day 3 - 25 July 2010


Went to pray at the four face buddha....i hope my prayers come true....
passed by my old fav spot in BKK which is now destroyed.....Central World....

this place used to have many nice food.....so sad that it's gone....
P.S: i just realised that my BKK office is in the same building but located at the section which is not burnt! WOW!

Did some luxury window shopping....almost bought a gucci bag but I did well in refraining myself from overspending there *give myself a pat on the back*

Visited MBK and bought more bags there! 199BAHT each only! *HAPPY*
after shopping, headed to the King Power Complex to utilise the free dinner buffet voucher that kind Belinda gave me =)  we only had 1 voucher so ended up we have to pay for 1 pax but the person kindly gave us a 15% discount so we had to pay about S$9 per pax only! This place is highly recommended! CHEAP & GOOD! let the picture doing the talking!
entrance....
tables....
dessert section!!! nice dessert but i didn't manage to try all...
roasted pork~
grilled crab & flower crab!
grilled prawns! delicious~ but prawns too small...
wide selection of fruits~
ice cream and chocolate fondue which we didn't dare to eat.....(coz some PRC woman stood there eating and dipping her stick into the chocolate fondue....SUPER unhygienic! yucks!)
mine part 1!
mine part 2! i love this pasta!
mine part 2! (got more parts....but i didn't take pic of them...)
desserts!
look! they have "live band" there!!
super full after dinner and headed for some pedicure...
check out the cheap price!
i love their deco...
during my ride to the massage shop...i received an sms from Belinda to ask me if I'm alright as she heard there's a bomb in BKK....
I wasn't aware at all that there's bombing going on....later i realised that the bomb is at the bus stop in front of Big C which is opposite central world! OMG I was there earlier on! Actually we wanted to visit Isetan which is located at Central World...but I kept getting a feeling that we shouldn't go there on that day.....I'm glad that I have followed my instinct.

Thanks to Aisah who smsed me shortly after to check if I'm alright =) Love you all!

I decided to make a call to mama in case she is worried.....but ended up....she didn't read the news and still ask me call her for what....-.-"

HH is traumatised by the bombing and decided to head back to hotel earlier.....we didn't go back for her bag which she like a lot.....but the bag cost....700BAHT......i find it's a bit ex for something in BKK night market....

Day 4 - 26 July 2010

by the last day....i have nothing much i want to shop anymore....think my limit for bkk is 3D2N....4D3N is a bit too much for me already....i'm totally worn out...

kfc for lunch~ super nice compared to sg!
headed to the airport earlier coz i a bit kiasi....dun wan die in bombing incident....lol
nothing much to shop in airport before checking in.....so went to have some authentic thai food...
lemongrass drink~
my phad thai~ OMG this is super nice! I must have it again on my next visit!
HH's green curry...
HH's maggi mee (hahaha...)

check out our luggage!
my big and packed luggage!
HH's small and compact luggage!

finally flying back to sg.........
potato and prawn in cream sauce for dinner on flight~

back in SG for 11 hours before I fly off to Jakarta for my business trip.........

(no time and too lazy to take pics of my loots....let's see when i'm not feeling lazy.....)

No comments:

Post a Comment