Monday, April 21, 2008

Lobster....

I'm officially a half-cooked lobster now...yeah...I got sun burnt...when I reached home on sat, my mum's first words to me were "Wah...you look like a lobster!" So how did i become a lobster? Well...a fun & adventurous but yet tiring day contributed to it all.

Spent sat in sentosa with my fellow colleague + ex-colleagues. Total 12 of us...yes a very huge group.

Meet up with SY & B @ 9.15a.m @ Khatib to grab a ride in GK's car but our mr GK thought he could do up the sandwiches for our picnic in 5 mins time but ended up spending 1hour on it. So we waited 1 hour at the void deck and almost had the temptation to take out the paper cups and hot water to make coffee on the spot. haha...

in the end...we reached the siloso beach @ 11.30a.m.....FYI....the meeting time with the others is 10.15a.m...well...the other 8 of them could be seen starving and lying across the beach...haha...

The picnic is nice as Mr GK didn't disappoint us with his 1hr sandwich. SY's bee hoon is great too! I had 2 servings of it! Mr D bought my favourite fishball and now I'm officially the fishball advertiser among us become I kept eating it. The fruits spread is shocking because we have strawberry, kiwi, watermelon, guava, green apple, honeydew & grapes! Can't imagine how they brought so many fruits there! In fact we had our own "starbucks" because SY & B are busy making coffee, tea & milo for everyone of us there. haha....

after our fulfilling picnic, we played the murderer, cops & civilian game. Poor GB always get killed by the murderer and she is always the cop! GS on the other hand is always the murderer and everyone always voted for him whenever the first person gets killed. haha...

after we get sick of the murderer game, we went on to take the skyride and luge. I must say the skyride is scary when i first took it because i'm afraid of heights! Imagine dangling in the air on a chair with just a railing over you and your legs are still dangling out there! I don't even dare to move on my first ride. and Mr GK is so busy taking photo of my scared face and thoroughly enjoying it....=.= but on my second ride, I don't fear as much as the first time and is able to pose for him to take my pic. haha...

Luge is fun! It's a must try if you have not tried it before! We took it 2 times and the 2nd time we went on it, the person says that all 12 of us can go off together at the same time! we basically speed past each other and trying to overtake each other. But poor me speed a bit too fast and almost topple and i forgot to brake but use my hand to try to balance back and end up got my thumb hurt...no sprain nor dislocated bones but a serious strain of my thumb...but that didn't stop me from carrying on with the activities for the rest of the day!

After luge, I had my first cycling lesson in my life. It's actually quite embarassing because there are 11 person looking and coaching me while I'm learning and this attracts quite a bit of attention from the passer-by. Thanks to GK and Aisah's sis who kept on supporting me by holding onto my arms to help me balance, I managed to learn how to balance in 20mins time. However...I can't seems to start without people helping me...but all of them told me that I had made good progress that day as a first time learner. I did managed to start it by myself once and paddled 3 full round and that resulted in them cheering, clapping and shouting behind me and of course attracted more attention from passer-by. haha...but it's fun lah...at least now i can cycle though not by myself...haha

after my lesson, they wanted to cycle for a bit but I still can do it on my own. so thanks to dear Mr D, he offer to give me a ride on the tandem bicycle. Well hard work for him because I didn't paddle at all and I was screaming away whenever we reached a hump or the road gets rough...i hope his ear still works well after sat....haha

after our cycling, we took a dinner break at the table and benches outside the underwaterworld. it's the remains of our picnic as there is too much food left. but.....we aren't the only ones enjoying our dinner...the monkeys came along....while we were eating happily, 1 monkey actually came down and pick up the remains of the food left on another table by other people. When all the other tables are cleared, it started to loiter around us....fearing it we start to pack our table a bit by closing up the containers. before we knew it, 5 more monkeys jumped down! 1 of them actually snatched up a piece of bread on our table and even though they tried to shoo it away with a pair of chopstick, it merely avoided the chopsticks poked out at it and sit on the bench and eat in front of us! these monkeys are so terrible! they are not even afraid of us. after that, they start attacking our table and we basically grab our stuffs and run.

after the scary encounters with the monkeys, we went on to trapizza for a mug of beer each for a cooling and chatting session. spent quite a long time there and the waiters aren't quite happy because we ordered nothing except for 2 jugs of beer. haha....and we spent about 2hrs+ there! wanted to catch the song of the sea but the tickets are sold out and so we headed home as all of us are too tired to do anything anymore.

Fun and fulfilling day for me as I hardly do much outdoor activities. my love says she will train me on my cycling by making me go cycling at least once to twice a month...haha...i guess i would be able to cycle soon if they keep on training me like this.

next target: Learn Swimming!


No comments:

Post a Comment